View Single Post
Old 10-04-2001, 05:57 PM   #13
ScottG
Drow Warrior

I used HD as a tank:

What I would do (and have done w/ SOA & TOB). You really need to get your char.s early on and then take the whole party through all of the game, however if you do this you will have serious prob.s w/ Airhead's romance (but if you don't want the romance thats OK).

Use Shadow Keeper to change his wepons prof.s to Katana. (kill the short sword prof.s). (I think this is fair, considering that you must purchase the Zerth sword & obtain Fury through combat & you will be giving up the magical two shortswords he carries.)

Use Celstial Fury (primary wepon) & Sword of Zerth (shield wepon) - (dual wield). Note that if you do this you will NEVER be equiping a ranged wepon because once you unequip. the Zerth's blade you instantly loose the all the extra spells it provides.

ALL of your second level spells should be mirror image. Only when mirror image runs out should you use a stoneskin (and most of your 4th level spells will be devoted to stoneskin).

Bladsinger chain worn (found in the bard/planar quest).

Belt of fortitude for the constitution increase.

Offensive spin for the tuff monsters

Defensive spin for the tuff monsters when your throwing magic (ie. fireball, magic mis., ect.)

ALL 3rd level spells = fireball.