View Single Post
Old 06-16-2001, 06:14 PM   #38
Charean
Hathor

Billikins the Bold and Neb - I do agree with you. I have seen how Europeans live and I have seen how Americans live. Americans are wasteful in the extreme. Some of this is because even my mother's generation doesn't understand that resources are FINITE!!

Gaelic, I am sorry, but we will have to agree to disagree on this. I lived in Sicily for 3 years and know we can do better than what we are doing in the States. California for years has learned how to conserve water, why can't the rest of the country recycle, use less fuel and learn to conserve as well? I was born and raised the the DC metro area, believe me - they are really gung-ho about being "politically correct" when it comes to the enviornment. They carpool and use public transit better than any other city, except perhaps NYC. They recycle there (mind you, Minnesota is really good at this as well)... if the bottom line is what you follow, let me ask you - is it cheaper to waste and clean up or just conserve in the first place?

The Kyoto treaty makes a lot of sense. I read it. I would LOVE to see it ratified. I also would LOVE to see power go from large business interests back to the people, but sadly, I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads