View Single Post
Old 02-22-2001, 03:10 PM   #2
Dwarf

Another exploitable bug is that with the quest editor came the tutorial adventure. In this one (wich, because they made it) is in permanent troubleshooting mode, there is a quick xp loop that lets you go up levels very quickly if you're under 17th lvl. In this one simply walk up to the hut with two peasants standing outside in the first land. Touch the cart and you'll find a club that'll break a nearby crate and drop the second crystal.Picking this up gives you enough experience to level up. In the safe mode you're immune to all damage and get no experience for killing monsters but still do so for getting the crystals. Simply export the character in question,restart the game, and get another level. The rate of advancement slows down after 17th lvl and isn't worth it after 21st. However it's a nice quick start option that looks like the Delphinesoft people did it on purpose.If you're sad enough to make a quest that let's you put high quality equipment in unatended chests then you're high level character can even be well equiped as well. I thought that you're message was going to mention this but since it didn't I slipped it in here. BTW since heat changed to a fee paying site is there a decent Darkstone matching service? (When I actually played on heat there was constant patch incompatability so I gave up on multi player).