/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
When I first met Samia, I followed the "reluctant" conversation path. I said that I didn't think I could do it.
She replied to the effect that I could.
The 4th option on the last conversation thread allows you to suggest that you will just keep the treasure for yourself since it's so valuable.
If you do this, Samia and her party attack immediately. The advantage of this path is that you can have your thief load the hallway with traps before you ever talk to Samia.
I used Yoshimo and set as many traps as it would allow in the area (approx 6-8). When the party appears, the traps will easily kill half the party (including the MAGE) before the fight ever starts. I then used summoned animals/elementals to occupy the survivors while I finished them off with ranged weapons.
Easy kill. Good experience. Nice items.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, I used Jaheira's True Sight to see the final guardian (a lesser fire elemental, I believe). I then used Aerie Wand of Frost and killed it in one shot.
However, I did NOT know the mask was more than mere decoration.
Thanks to everyone else for the advice to keep and use the mask.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Barbarian Magic Missile Toss a wizard at the biggest monster. Either way, something good is bound to happen.