View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 05:50 AM   #16
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Some people say bad BIOS settings or bad chip. To fix that, easiest way is to open up the case and find the battery, and take it out for a minute or two. Then plug it back in. I'm saying this, because as I understand, your MBO shows the HP logo instead of the loading information. Now, if you turn on your PC it should immidiately display a prompt to go to BIOS. From there, you can, but need not to if you don't understand how, set up things as you think they should be. Anyway, now exit BIOS and save settings. It shouldn't display the logo now(IMHO, haven't worked on HPs much), and it should either load windows(low probability) or stop again. Now, when it stops, you'll see at what step. Try restarting before it reaches that step to get the boot menu, and there choose safe mode. If none of these work, get a Windows install disk and under BIOS settings > Boot options choose CD-ROM drive as 1st boot device. Instert the disk and repair Windows if you have valuable stuff on the C drive. If not, re-install it on a formatted partition. I hope this helped a bit.