View Single Post
Old 11-17-2000, 08:02 PM   #4
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Ugh, the sales figures are more disturbing.. BGII outsold W&W by about 10 to 1, I believe. Oh well.. perhaps we can attribute that to the non compos mentis nature of the BG2 fanatics? Actually, just kidding there .. I enjoyed the first BG, but haven't picked up the second one yet.. why? Because it starts your characters on a level other than level 1! For me, the most fun part of the adventure is when you are weak, and insignificant, and barely able to tackle a kobold, let along an ancient red. In BG2, your characters start off with massive hit points, dozens of spells, etc.

This brings me to another interesting point; has anyone here played Dragon Warrior 4 for the original Nintendo Entertainment System? That game was, to me, like a succulent peach; its flavor bursting sweetly in my mouth as I savored its gaming goodness. What made it so special? The fact that you had the opportunity to lead FOUR individual characters, in separate lands, on separate adventures, all starting on level one, before finally uniting them for the grand finale. It was like an unexpected treasure trove! There I sat, into the wee hours, giggling giddily at the on-screen antics, while my peers were out with girls and stuff. In retrospect, that's a little pathetic. But, that does not derogate my case! If you haven't I strongly advise checking it out. You can grab the rom at freeroms and the emulator there, as well.