View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 01:51 PM   #114
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Jason stood next to the storeroom in the barracks that held weapons. He was now dressed in a very well cut uniform in the style of his old position with the gaurds. His hair, which had gotten a little rough looking, was now cut short and spiked. He had replaced the battered earrings which he had worn with new ones as well as replaced the chain his animal's tooth was on. He still had his silver wedding band however, that one thing was something he'd never give up.

How in the world was he going to find a suitable weapon in all this mess? No matter, there was a blacksmith in town and he could probably get these things upgraded there. After all, he was more of a refined kind of gentleman after all.

Jason was scanning through the racks of swords and tables of daggers, axes, crossbows, and maces; when something caught his eye. A sword that stood out from the rest. Jason walked over to the dark corner where it hung on the farthest end of a rack and picked it up. The balance was almost perfect, but it looked like it had been through and inferno of some sort, maybe there had been a fire somewhere and this was recovered at the scene? No matter, he would take it and clean it. He picked up a black leather scabbard and sheathed his new found sword. He also picked up a dagger and sheathed that in that special place in his boot. Looking around for anything else of interest and finding none, he left the room and returned to the main hall.

I would like to thank you again from the bottom of my heart Captain. Once i reach my Great Uncle Austin i will make sure that he repays you for everything, plus some extra for my companion.Speaking of the good Telryn, once he's done with his fitting and everything, could you tell him that i've went in search of our other comrade Nivram? I wouldn't want him to worry about me.

Doubting very much that old Austin Fain would pay half of his nephew's bill, the Guard Captain smiled and shook Jason's hand. Im sure you uncle wouldnt want to be bothered with such things. But in place of payment, i would like to ask you a question or two if i may?

Ask away sir.

What brings you so far away from home Jason? I know that place must still hold bad memories for you, but some things are better faced than not.

I've left in search of adventure, he lied. To see the world as my uncles and father have.

Dont get into the kinds of trouble your uncles did though. I remember when i first started as a gaurd, your father and his brothers.....bah. Old men stories. Be on your way, look for you man. Be careful.

Yes sir.

But as Jason left the building, he missed the Gaurd Captain giving three of his men a description of Jason and telling them to alert the next town.
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote