View Single Post
Old 03-13-2003, 07:40 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Well.... I typed this one day on Microsoft Word thinking I should post it. I finished and decided to post it another day. I told Calaethis Dragonsbane(thank you man! You've helped alot in my daily problems with bullies and the such) about this and he finally coaxed me into posting it.. I hope you guys like it, it took me awhile to type it up.

IronWorks, My Only Sanctuary…

Hello my fellow IronWorkers… I have made this topic to let you know how I feel about my school, my peers, and my life… I have been wanting to share this with you , but never could urge myself to do it. This will really make the burden upon me feel better. I have always wondered if I was different then my peers at school… Now I know that I am. I am not like them and hopefully never will be. Soon I shall become a 7th grader and those vile 5th graders will become 6th graders… A few (most) I have always disliked and wished would leave my life forever. To my peers I have lost all dignity by being made fun of. I have taken emotional blow after emotional blow… each making me lose more self-respect. I have been jeered and laughed at for years now and have never found a way to stop it. I have tried ignoring, threatening, trying to reason with, and trying to make friends with. All have failed. Whoever said “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words cannot hurt me.” was wrong. Words have hurt many, including me and some of my friends. Whenever I am made fun of I try to shove it off, but “they” never stop. I never knew I was different then them all in a way until this school year… that I had something more and different about myself. I’ve ask myself countless times: “Was I meant to be like this? One who wishes to be good and do right instead of wrong? One who would be the good guy to all instead of hanging with one group of people? One who thought “they” were his friends ,but was fooled in the end? Was I made like this? Or did I just become this… “ I’ve always despised seeing my friends made fun of, even those who aren’t my friends. I’ve stood up for them and tried to help, losing the fight in the process. I felt I have no one to go to. My friends( somewhat ) do not understand me, and I have never felt right going to my parents for support, even though I love them dearly and honestly with all my heart. IronWorks… My Sanctuary of Support and Care, they were there when I had no one to turn to. My world has come crashing down and IronWorks supported me. I thank you, everyone who has contributed to help me. I love you all very much and would be devastated if I lost even one of you. You guys are the best.

-Andrew