View Single Post
Old 04-01-2001, 01:33 PM   #32
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Ziroc, once again, thank you very much for your tireless effort to improve the board.

But, things I do not like:
1. the rating system
2. the inverse order of the posts
3. the new autoformating features are cool, but why can I only use them at the very end ? whenever I go back to insert a new paragraph or smiley, the autofeatures will stubbornly force me back to the very end of the post.
4. The current software allows to load the editing window with posts posted by others. That is a great educational tool, because that way you could just check how others had done a formatting, smiley, etc you wanted to use yourself. The new software won't allow that.

How does the private messaging system work ? Where do they show up on the addressee's end ? Do you need to have special software installed ? Forgive me, I completely ingnorant with respect to these things.

Ramon, (HI!)

The ratings system can be converted to the one Ziroc is using now in this board.
The inverse order of posts can apparently be reversed (confused yet, I am?)
The automating features probably take some getting used to, because I had similar problems and I can't believe the program won't let me go back and insert a smiley or something!

Re your 4th point: You mean like when I quote you here I can see how you did your post? Or do you mean like when I just click 'edit' on anyone's post and can see how it was constructed, even though I can't do anything but look? Or both? I didn't experiment long enough with the upgraded version to run into that problem last night.

The IM system- well I didn't actually play with this one last night. But on other boards I've been to, you usually see a list of who's on the board at the time and you can choose to send an instant message (software is all part of the board, no dl needed) to someone. They should see an indicator or the dialog box to know a message is being sent and from whom. Then you should have a choice whether to answer or not. Also, the other systems I've seen and apparently this one, allow a person to choose not to receive such messages at all (or in some systems to limit to specific nicks which ones you accept).

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight