View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 10:33 AM   #1
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
I think this is definitely a spoiler for those who haven't experienced Xzar's quest to its pathetic conclusion....

As an additional note to my grievances about Xzar not being given any extra subquests in the game to do with either the Book of Kaza or anything else evilish or Montaron or Zhentarim related, I just thought I'd express my absolute disgust for the way he is so coldly dispatched if one chooses to follow his mission to the end. In fact... I wonder if I'd be generalising too much if I said that evil characters seem to get a raw end of the deal in this game by being punished compared to the reasonable balance that was to be found in Bg1. Doing away with Xzar in this fashion is unforgivable!
Well, at least to this fan.

Thus, it got me wondering if it was at all possible to save him from Lucette just before the critical blow is made. Has anyone managed to do it? I've reloaded twice so far, surrounded Xzar in the attempt to prevent him from taking any blows, but as he attempts the misguided polymorph, his assailant is seemingly too close to stop. Grr! Yet another seemingly all too linear moment. Mayhaps I'll try buffing my party to the heavenly max before initiating dialogue - otherwise if I can't save the life of my old travelling friend, I may just reload within the Harper complex and get Korgan to malevolently maim on sight by sending some Harper carcasses bloodily to Mystra. [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

[ 01-04-2004, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote