View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 04:43 PM   #4
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by spydar:
I already know I need Hep A shots and malaria pills and stuff, so absolutely ANY travel tips is appreciated.
Make sure you call the people that'll give you the shots as soon as possible, because you need to take some of them several months before you travel. When I travelled to Chile I had to take the Hep A shot a month before, I think. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'd also suggest that you ask the people working there what things you should avoid... They're quite good at giving advice for specific countries.
This is advice I got when I travelled to Chile (from a doctor that who with us): avoid drinking water (bottled water is okay); and eating anything you can buy on the stands, such as fruit (that's because they often pour water on the fruit to keep it fresh - fruit that you can peel is okay I think), prepared meals, ... Basically just watch what kind of things you eat and where you eat them (what kinds of restaurants). And try to avoid getting bitten by bugs (and monkeys in your case [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).