View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Heyas everyone

This is a question about mod oddities. I have installed a few mods to spice up my gaming experience. I have played through Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal a number of times (approximately 6) and enjoy each time thoroughly. I always found something new and its was a good time playing it. I thought now, it might be time to juice up the excitement as I read an article in PCGamer about a few good BG2 mods. So I decided to try them out. From what I read, the new stuff looked great, and I couldn't wait to start playing.

Now here is where my oddities start. I noticed as I was playing through that, a fair few NPCs had their names changed to what looks to be 'dialogue'. The first encounter was the genie in Irenicus' dungeon. Then, when I got out all the town criers had; "Blood cries out for blood, but it is a small price to pay for immortality" as their name. When I finished the circus tent quest a little girl came up to me with a 'dialogue' name and talked to me. All my responses to her odd question seemed to be snippets of other dialogues. Other people include 4 new NPCs in the top of the Sea's Bounty, who weren't there before.

I wondered what I could do to fix it, or can I not? If I don't fix it, can I continue new quests? For instance, the little girl... Was she the start of a new quest? Because if so, I cant talk to her because all my options of things to say are other dialogue actions.

The mods I have installed are:

Unfinished Business
Valen
Keto
Banter Pack
G3 Anniversary
Ease of Use (but only the Multi Strongholds, Edwina Portrait and Bonus Merchants from that are installed)
Black Rose Part I: Market Prices
Baldurdash
Official Patch

I did have Solaufein installed but I uninstalled it, could that be a problem?

Thanks for the help my friends

--Kestrel--