Thread: Thief Classes
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2001, 04:55 PM   #30
Moriartty

Stealing is not cheating. That statement is correct.

Unfortunately I think stealing in BG2 IS cheating.

Why?

How do you pickpocket a longsword off someone? Or a mace? how about an entire suit of armor.

Pickpocketing is exactly what it says it is. you should be stealing small items that the owner wont notice are gone right away.

I can almost see rgabbing a sword a guy set down and turned away from and sticking it in your cloak. Unfortunately I dont ever see how you coul actually steal a suit of Plate Armor.

Then again I prefer the Diablo method of equipement storage. Larger items took up more space and this was much more realistic. Its just about the only area I prefer Diablo over BG. In BG2 they only consider weight. So my fighter with 19 strenth can lug around 6 suits of plate armor. Uh huh yeah right.

I tried to play for a bit while staying within the spirit of D&D which has encumbrance rules for items. you cannot really do it in BG2 though. There is just too much gear out there that you end up needing. Either you are alwaya up sh*t creek or you are running back to your stronghold every other day to rab some item you need for a subquest.

Just my two cents though.