View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
Wysardry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As you may know, some of us will be participating in a second set of IRC meetings to discuss which options 3DO game fans and site owners have for working (and playing) together. This will be open to 3DO related community site owners, admins, moderators and members alike.

We only have a very rough idea of which areas will be discussed, but each meeting will be split into two parts, with the first covering independant site cooperation options, and the latter covering the central site (2 hours later).

There is a thread in the "Suggestion Box" section of the Wysards' Realm community, where guests and members may post comments and suggestions.

Please note that you are not required to register at Wysards' Realm to join in that thread, and the planned community which will be created based on decisions made at these meetings will be on the X3DO.com domain.

There will be 3 meetings, as follows:-

Meeting 1:-

Saturday 5th June at 9:00 PM GMT
Saturday 5th June at 10:00 PM BST
Saturday 5th June at 5:00 PM EDT
Saturday 5th June at 2:00 PM PDT

Meeting 2:-

Sunday 6th June at 2:00 AM GMT
Sunday 6th June at 3:00 AM BST
Saturday 5th June at 10:00 PM EDT
Saturday 5th June at 7:00 PM PDT

Meeting 3:-

Sunday 6th June at 7:00 PM GMT
Sunday 6th June at 8:00 PM BST
Sunday 6th June at 3:00 PM EDT
Sunday 6th June at 12:00 PM PDT

GMT = Greenwich Mean Time
BST = British Summer Time
EDT = Eastern Daylight (savings) Time
PDT = Pacific Daylight (savings) Time

If you're unsure how to convert to/from GMT, use this Time Zone Converter site:-
http://www.timezoneconverter.com

Please note that these times are for the first part of each meeting, which will cover topics relating to independant site cooperation. The second part which covers the central (X3DO) site starts 2 hours later.

I have registered a channel on the SorceryNet servers, so I suggest that anyone interested in attending find out a little more about their rules and/or check their general IRC information pages if you have not used either before.

They provide a Java chat client on their site, and I have now also set up forms in the new Chat section of the X3DO site.

It makes little difference which you actually use, as they all run from the script on their site, but the versions I added join the correct channel for you, and are available for different resolution screens.

In the spirit of cooperation, I also encourage other community and site owners to add the code to a page on their own site (see the "how to connect" section for details).

Apparently, mIRC is pre-configured to connect to SorceryNet, but other IRC clients may not be. Server details can be found on the SorceryNet site though.

The channel is named #x3do (ex-3DO).