View Single Post
Old 07-12-2002, 10:59 AM   #99
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Well MagiK, in this case DON'T believe our governments word, they actually allowed the import of large amounts of cocaine to get to the big guys. Well, the coke is here, it's on the streets, on noone got arrested. Our government can be very weird when it comes to drugs. There was an investigation going on about this matter, but nobody comes up with any results. It's like i said, some of em might be in it themselves. I don't have proof of that, but i have my suspicions !
Ok I won't believe your governments reports...I will instead believe US intelligence reports which seem to support your governments position more than yours.

There are undoubtedly some bad elements in your government just as there are in ours, but on the whole all evidence points that Holland wants to reduce its populations drug addictions.

I realize that you very badly wish to be free to inject, inhale or use in some manner illicit drugs, but that doesnt mean all 15.7 million of the population of your country does. I also realize that prohibition of substances is a loosing prospect, so I am all for letting the druggies have as much as they can use and letting them ruin their own lives.

In the end, The substances you wish to abuse do nothing to enhance you condition, position or your intellect. I also agree with Chewie that there is scientific evidence that the THC component of Pot has thereputic value, however you do not need to smoke pot to get THC....at least you wouldnt if the government would allow the medical community to produce THC in other ways.

Im surprised that the health concious Vegetarians are not more vocal agaisnt the use of drugs and the ill effects of putting these things into your body.

Johnny Im not trying to tell you how to live your life, all Im doing is stating my position on the issue. So please don't take any of this as an attack. I will admit that I have lost more friends to Drug and alcohol abuse than I care to think about so I admit to being biased.