View Single Post
Old 05-10-2003, 02:07 PM   #5
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Dakkon's Zerth Blade can be put to good use all the way through SoA and ToB, if you work at it. Equip DZB in your secondary slot and make it active before you access your spellbook prior to resting. Now you have the extra slot in levels 1-4. Fill them with spells you can use right away the next day, and after they have been used, you can switch to your main weapon, or even put DZB in your pack for the rest of the day.

Some good spell choices:
Level 4: Stoneskin --lasts eight hours, and you can get extra one per day for free!
Minor Sequencer--lasts until used, and can be filled with your free spells from levels 1 and 2

Level 3: Melf's Meteors--last until used, but cast this one last, since the meteors replace your weapon and you'll lose the extra slots
Invisibility 10' radius--lasts 24 hours, cast last so you don't ruin it with next spell

Level 2: Invisibility--same deal as above; could also be used in a defensive sequencer
Mirror Image--for defensive sequencer, or pre-fight buff
Acid Arrow--for offensive sequencer

Level 1: Magic Missile or Chromatic Orb--for offensive sequencer
Identify--if you need some extra id'ing power
Reflected Image or Prot from Evil--for defensive sequencer

The downside to this is that you have to repeat the process before every rest, but it's four free spells...
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote