View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: Need emergency help -- $100 -- having medical issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
I have an infection in my back tooth, its looks fine, and no visible cavity around the cap, but above the gum-line its swollen and painful as HELL. If this infection gets into my bloodstream they say I could die. All from a TOOTH infection?

We're REALLY hurting this Month because of my right arm being in a cast, and cannot work. (in an cast, AND a damn tooth infection??!? whats next, a meteor hitting me?)

Almost can' take this anymore... just sucks. If anyone can help out, it will help. The bill they said to look at it and to check it out is $100. If we pay that, we have no food for 2 weeks. (Donna gets paid monthly).

Thanks guys, it means SO much. just having a really bad time of it. (Like many others I'm sure!!)

Dan

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/donate.shtml
Seriously? Now you are just flat-out asking members to help pay your personal expenses? At least you're no longer claiming it is for the IW bill.

I've had 7 major surgeries due to my Chron's disease, two of which were emergency surgeries. In 1997, my entire colon ruptured and I had peritonitis running rampantly in my abdomen. According to the surgeon, I should have died within 72 hours because the infection should have entered my bloodstream and spread throughout my body. Only by the Grace of God did that not happen. In 2008, I did become septic after my last surgery and went into a 3-day coma. I recovered (obviously), but only after spending 4 weeks in the ICU and two more in a regular room. The hospital bill alone for that visit was $250,000. That didn't include the bills from all the doctors that attended me, the pathologist that read my labs and the radiologist bill. All told, I was sending checks to 17 different doctor's or facilities for that one hospital stay. I also was out of work for 2.5 years recovering from that.

THIS year, I worked 3 part-time jobs (including weekends), meaning that I often worked 3-4 weeks straight without a day off. Unfortunately, my teaching job was "non-renewed" due to budget cuts, so I am currently unemployed once again. I've also been having trouble with my Chron's for the first time since 2008. Since the first week of April, I've been in the hospital twice (for a week each time) and gone to the ER 3 times. I've been taking antibiotics for a continuing infection since Memorial Day Weekend. The medicine is wearing me down. This past week, there have been days when I didn't even have enough energy to leave the house.

Since I don't have a job with group insurance, I had to buy my own. I pay $295/month for a "catastrophic" insurance policy. This policy has a very high deductible - $5,000 to be exact. That means the first $5k of medical expenses are 100% MINE. After that, the insurance pays 100%. Needless to say, I've already met that easily this year.

Now my doctor wants me to start on a new medication that costs $2,000 per dose! The insurance will cover it, until January 1st. Then the deductible kicks in again and I will have to pay for the first $5,000 worth of shots again.

That doesn't include my ostomy supplies. Since I had my entire colon removed, my ostomy is permanent. I have to buy pouches, wafers, gloves and other supplies on a regular basis. This runs roughly $100 every other month.

And you're claiming an infected tooth is a life-or-death situation?