View Single Post
Old 01-23-2002, 01:11 PM   #32
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Good grief, people if you wish to discuss these matters FORGET everything you saw in any hollywood produced movie and go study theology at a reputable seminary, I mean really 90% of the things I have seen people say here are taken right out of some movie script, or
shows a total lack of fundamental knowledge of the subject.

I see the anti-christians making broad sweeping generalizations, purposly muddling a specific point and then I see the christians quoting scripture with no understanding of the context and deeper issues surrounding the quotes. The Bible is THE #1 book to christians, however it should not be the ONLY book a good christian has read on the subject of theology, without a good base of knowledge you end up just making christianity look like a silly religion for mindless sheep. Too many times I see arguments for example about christianity taking bits and pieces of other religions and making it their own. When in reality the thing has nothing to do with christianity at all...say for example the "christmas tree" While christians put up trees the tree has NO meaning whatsoever in the dogma of the church, it was just a pretty way to attract converts (using persons/places/things they were familiar with in their old religion)

*sigh*

Never mind...Im going home.

MajiK, These are peoples thoughts and feelings. Gabriel seems to have gotten some resolve from them, as well as, some others. If you have something to add about the subject please do.
Some threads like this are not meant to be analized under any microscope or taken lightly. I asure you that I take this subject very seriously and appreciated the responses that were given. Please be a little more careful Now, tell us what you are talking about. We can stand face to face, while you present your case [img]smile.gif[/img]