View Single Post
Old 11-23-2000, 12:32 AM   #24
Suul-Yinn

Personally, I think you should go for:

Yourself: Front-line fighter
Keldorn, (better than Minsc): With Holy Sword, Carsomyr,True Sight and Dispel Magic he is essential
Jaheira: Back-up fighter and mage spoiler(insect plague is sooo useful )
Edwin (or Nalia since your party is Good): Main Mage, able to learn level 8 spells
Viconia (or Aerie, see Nalia): Cleric spellcaster (healer too but I use potions and regeneration)
Jan (or Imoen, worse): Back-up mage and thief, with the ability to provide missile support

This will give you a balanced party, with some back-up for keys classes if they are down. Spell-casters are essential and you only need two front-line fighters most of the time, to prevent the enemy reaching your back rows. It obviously is a very personal choice as we all have our favourites and different playing styles, so play with a party you enjoy, not necessarily the strongest one. Unfortunately you have progressed quite far in the game and I assume most of the quests are done. If this is the case, it would mean that any new NPCs joining the party would be unlikely to reach higher levels. If you insist on keeping Anomen, lose Aerie for Edwin or Nalia. If you want Aerie, use potions to boost her intelligence to learn more spells