Thread: smoking
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 11:19 AM   #50
coyote696
The Magister

here is my 2 cents worth:
yes smoking is bad for you, all us that smoke make a concious choice to do so, and we psy for ity in more ways than one, in our area the resteraunts have been slowly trying to ban smoking in their business, however bars/ pubs are not trying to do this as they are well aware of the loss of businesss that will occur. Most pub owners cannot tollerate even a slight drop in the business they are recieving.

oh and did you know that the reason that governments do not ban smoking and drinking is 2 fold : first it would be inmpossible to enforce such a ban. second with all the extra taxes that smokers and drinkers pay to enjoy their habits if all of us went one week without buying cigarettes and booze tha govt would suffer a major loss of income . as cigarettes are taxes about 200 + times their value adn beer and alchohol have additional 40% tax on them prior to the sales tax placed on them. the cost of making these products have not gone up thaty much in the past 10 years however the cost of purchasing has more than quadrupled in the same time because of taxes.

back to resteraunts, it is perfectly legal for me to open an non smoking resteraunt that caters only to you non smokers out there, But if I was to open a Resteraunt that would only allow smokers I ouuld be burned at the steak for being prejudiced against non smokers and I would lose my business, so where is the fairness in that?????????
those of us that smoke do so of our own free will. and most of us are not rude and try not to offend you that do not smoke, but do not try and make us out to be the bad guys here, YOU NON SMOKERS are the ones showing prejudice and unfair i deals and trying to shun us for the choices we make.