View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 04:52 AM   #102
Borvik
Drow Warrior

1. How you voted

Pro choice

2. Why

I voted pro choice because I'm pro life. This may sound strange so let me explain (as good as I can at least). I think there has to be the choice for the woman who has to deal with all she is facing in that moment. Having a choice could make it easier for the woman to come to a positive decision because she doesn't have to feel trapped. It can't be a good thing for the process of decision (be it allowed or not, she will think about abortion if she thinks she's not able to cope with the situation), when you think you reached a dead alley. Lowering the pressure on the woman who has to decide, lowers the anxieties IMO. The more support she gets, the more likely it is, that she'll decide NOT to abort. And the more she feels the support from family, government, friends and society (every single one of us) - the easier it will be for her to step back from an abortion.
If then still she thinks she has no other escape .... well, I'm not the one to blame her ... I'm convinced she has some very good reasons for it!

3. Whether that conflicts with your religion's stance on the issue

I wouldn't say that I'm religious. Mostly religion conflicts with my opinions and not the other way round.

4. Whether your views change with extenuating circumstances (e.g. you do not support abortion but would support it for rape and incest victims, especially when they are young, or in the cases where the mother's life is in danger).
and

I don't support abortion, I support the idea to have a choice! AND I support the decision the woman in question makes. Maybe one day it won't be a question anymore to abort for whatever reason. Incriminating it won't do a good job.

5. (just for s*ts and giggles) Whether or not you support the death penalty and how, if at all, you see that relative to your abortion stance.

I'm against death penalty! And it doesn't conflict with my stance concerning abortion.
There was an interesting idea some posts before here: If the mother of the convicted person would push the button, then be it!