~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I went to complete the Windspear Hills quest today, and I think I've found something new about what Firkraag does.
When I started to fight him, Firkraag would immediately use 'Red Dragon Breath' on Yoshimo. My PC character was standing right next to Yoshimo, so they both ended up dying, causing me to reload.
I fight him again, and once again, Firkraag uses 'Red Dragon Breath' on Yoshimo, this time wiping out 3 members of my party, including my PC. So I went to reload again.
Well, guess what??? The same exact thing happened 2 more times in a row. I just did it a few more times to see if it would always be like this. So the 5th time, I placed my PC away from Yoshimo before I initiated combat just to see if it would help out, but no. I tried this twice, and Yoshimo was targeted both times. So, so far, 6 fights with Big F, and 6 'Red Dragon Breaths' targeted on Yoshimo.
The 7th time I tried, I put Yoshimo as far away as Firkraag as possible. I put him at the top of the steps, and initiated battle with Firkraaf in the far south side of the area. But once again, Yoshimo was targeted by 'Red Dragon Breath.' Still no good.
The 8th and last time I tried, Yoshimo was targeted again, but this time, even though he was killed, he was not killed beyond ressurection. So I just finished the battle with Firkraag, and then I ressurected Yoshimo after the battle was over.
Now, this was the first time I've fought Firkraag with Yoshimo in my group, so I've never would have realized if I've had this before. I've killed Firkraag with many different parties, but this is the first time I've ever encountered something like this. So I got a (silly) idea that maybe Yoshimo had an item on him that causes Firkraag to target him. But Yoshimo didn't have much on him, he had:
Boots of Stealth
Ring of Danger Stealth
Mercy Killer Ring
Celestial Fury
Short Bow +2
Shadow Armor
Shield Amulet
Rogue Stone
Some healing potions and potions of regeneration.

So this didn't make sense either. And besides, it wouldn't make sense either to have Firkraag single out Yoshimo for some equipment. Has anyone every encountered something like this before? It seems extremely strange to me...

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote