View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004, 06:06 AM   #1
Realms of Arion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everyone.

This is my first post here and i hope not the last so be gentle with me.

I have created a persistant world but want to know a few things from anyone who plays or is thinking of playing on one.

I have tried to create a world where players can become one with the world straight away by building the character into the world. What I'd like to know from you guys is, Is this what you seek from a Persistant world and what do you really look for to recapture the joy of PnP. It is so difficult trying to create a world that is different from others and one that will attract players. As you guys probably play Neverwinter on a large scale could you let me know.

Fizzbang Glut

Shameless Server Plug

DarkIsle – The Realms of Arion

The Realms of Arion is slowly growing and needs good Rroleplayers who enjoy the flexibility of a world built for them.

We have made this world with players in mind and will customise it to suit the character needs. We have already built a Temple and a Barbarian Camp to order and will fill in those background details that make your characters come to life.

So if you want to step into a world where your character needs are catered for and no request is too large come to the Realms of Arion. We fit the world into the characters and not the characters left running around the surface.

Have you ever been on a persistant world where the designer and DM's control everything...PC's are the world and you can become every part of this world...

Arion is a land split by fighting, both political as well as territorial, not to mention the powers that lurk beneath. Take your place in a world that caters for you as a character builder. No longer do you have to wait two months to beg for a home for your PC. This server builds your PC into it and responds to your development and creative Roleplaying.

The Realms of Arion
Persistant World
Gamespy : RolePlay Story

Direct connect : 81.168.0.57:5121
Forum: http://www.wrightlite.eclipse.co.uk/

Server Details

MySQL database engine
Respawning NPC's/Traps/Encounters
Persistant Banking and quests.
Full ATS Crafting system but modified to enhance true class skills.
Full PvP Areas.
Balanced resting system that rewards class skills.

1.) Strong Character Interaction/RP encouraged and rewarded
2.) Personal DM attention (We currently have 3 active DM's)
3.) Scripting and Area Design always improving and developing
4.) Death system that doesn’t leave you stranded in a plane of bewilderment
5.) Steady Level Progression
6.) Available Magic favours the classes that should possess it.
7.) Available Loot is realistic and not random
8.) Excellent growing Community of quality players.
Realms of Arion<br /><br />The Realms of Arion<br />Persistant World<br />Gamespy : RolePlay Story<br /><br />Direct connect : 81.168.0.57:5121<br />Forum: [url]\"http://www.wrightlite.eclipse.co.uk/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.wrightlite.eclipse.co.uk/</a>