View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 10:13 PM   #55
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
I wasn't going to say anymore either, but you forced me

My assumption is just as valid as the assumptions that our military is going to bomb the S*** (these are someone elses words) out of the country. The point I am trying to make is that mobilizing the military does not neccessarily lead to a rampant bombing campaign. We do not know the outcome, perhaps I am underestimating my government and they will prove me wrong, but I can at least hope that this military campaign will not involve carpet bombing innocents...why does everyone have to look at it in the most negative light?

Please do not misread my viewpoint Fjlotsdale...I too sometimes worry about you

*giggle!*

Seriously, though....
I'm just hoping that all that military might is just for show, to scare the Taliban into giving the terrorists up to justice. But I doubt it.
What worries me, Moridin, is that even using the most limited military force is bound to kill SOME innocents, and there have been too many innocent deaths already. And look at the state Afghanistan is in already. I feel so sorry for those people. Most of them are neither terrorists nor supporters of the Taliban by choice. They are people like us - only they have nothing while we have everything, and here we are, the 'haves' of this world, about to attack some of the poorest 'have-nots' on the face of the earth. It's just plain horrifying.

------------------