View Single Post
Old 11-25-2000, 03:45 AM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Bard: excellent choice for a rogue. Off the bat, you can get instruments that can cast Sleep (Lute of Tranquility), Dementia (Lyre of Madness), and Summon Creatures (Lyre of Illusion), in addition to Pipes of Poison (Venom Bite) and Pipes of Pain (Pain). Also, a Bard can fully master in Moon spells, and can learn Fiend spells at 1/2 level (therefore limited up to Level 6).

The way I've done my party so far is:

1. Warrior (3rd level) -> Paladin (10th level) -> Samurai (now at 17th level and climbing); may cast both Sun and Spirit
2. Warrior (3rd level) -> Paladin (11th level) -> Ninja (now at 17th level); may cast both Spirit and Moon
3. Rogue (9th level) -> Bard (17th level); may cast Moon and Fiend
4. Priest (11th level) -> Paladin (18th level); may cast Spirit and Vine
5. Wizard (13th level) -> Assassin (16th level); may cast Sun, Moon, Stone, and Fiend
6. Wizard (11th level) -> Warlock (17th level); may cast Sun, Moon, Stone, and Fiend

Most of them can cast at around level 6-8 Sorcery on their spells; giving them a great deal of firepower. The Paladin has Crusader trait, which allowed him to mop up XP in Skull Island (that's why he's a level higher than all the others). I may take my Warlock to Zenmaster, except from what I've heard that's so close to Endgame that it's almost ridiculous to do so...unless there's a sequel and we get to keep our characters? Hmmm...

Anyway, just my thoughts. So far, this party has been doing great.

Later,
Sazerac