View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #5
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I just finished the game about oh, two minutes ago. My first reaction was "wtf?". I mean, com'on, it was even worse than Kotor2. I did not think it possible... what a cheap boss battle. I mean... ugh. What were they thinking?

There was nothing from Nasher either. Not a word. And damn Qara... I had a feeling she'd betray me, but that I was unable to convince her to stay with me after I'd agreed with all her stupid choices and her her influence at 17 (I checked with the console [img]smile.gif[/img] ) made me mad.

Bishop I was annoyed that I didn't get the chance to convince him to rejoin me wiht the option of "you're free from all your debts after this" - I convinced him not to fight for Garius, but... meh, why not go all the way?

And that bloody ritual they kept on and on and on about. Where was it? What happened? What a joke. Construct was useless too. There was no dialogue or anything.

Neeshka well - I'm glad that I was able to save her. Shandra... why was there no option to ressurect her? I am really annoyed at losing her. I mean, even stupid Nasher gave me a rod of ressurection. And why wouldn't the 'raise dead' spells work on the others in the village? I had a cleric with me... oh and while I'm ranting, why is it Orlen didn't have any dialogue options to inform him that West Harbour had fallen? And why did not one seem to care about it? Or even let me tell them.

Too many unanswered questions for my liking. And most of all, there was no way to take Jerro's head. It would have been nicer to go into more details about the characters' pasts, and for goodness sake, get rid of some of the used and reused dialogue options and put new ones there! And let them actually talk about recent events and get their advice. I don't want to cycle through the same text over and over. They should have worked more on the NPCs imo. There could have been more interaction and banters too I feel. Some were funny though.

All that said, I did enjoy the keep seige. It was worth seeing that my money made some difference. I found the one in NWN:SoU more interesting and enjoyable to be honest though... it was more indepth. NWN2's felt too rushed; there wasn't enough going on. Destroying the seige towers and repelling the gate was just... bland by itself. It's almost a shame you could not recruit the red dragon or the fire giants or more allies. My favourite part was just before the battle though when Elanee(sp) confessed her love for my character and the two of them... enjoyed a night together.

On the topic of dragons, I wish the dragon fights were more interesting though. And the Sword of Gith really made no difference in the end. That was an absolutely huge let down. It was so anti-climax.

It had a definite Kotor2 feel throughout the game I felt; I don't know if anyone else felt that way.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote