View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Choc Choc will be TWENTY this year!!

I found his adoption papers, and he was born in 1993. I was like... oh god. While it's AMAZING that he has lived this long with good health, but being blind his entire life and has done amazing with that, I worry the clock is ticking down though... I mean, 20 is old for a cat.. 96 years in humans.. BUT it IS known to happen to Siamese cats. on average, they live longer than other breeds, but I still don't want to face that his time is near. So we enjoy each day with him, and savor it.

Even though he acts just as crazy, running down the hall, turning into the bedroom, and runs/leaps onto the bed, and does a 360 and plays all over the bed, and goes nuts.. (his stamina is less than it was years ago, but hell, I'll be 40 this Oct, and my stamina is too!! lol).. but he's in great health, he gets good food, treats and filtered water. (he likes it chilled after a meal--spoiled chocy!) heheh..

So I got Choc's 'account' birth date wrong... wow. 20! Since I don't know WHEN he was born, we chose June 10th I think...

He's sleek, no fat, and his leg and arm muscles are firm--good shape. I play with him a lot... lol, when it wants to play, he'll run into the bedroom, leap onto the bed, and if you don't go in there, he'll howl LOUDLY saying basically "Get your ass in here, human! and play with me!" hahahah.. He's so cool..

Charly, my previous Siamese, lived 16 1/2 years. Had him from 1st grade till 1998 (I believe).. He was a blue point, and was amazing too... but he was fine one second and 1 week later he dies from kidney failure.. That STILL kills me remembering that.. I didn't have them euthanize him. I told him I would take him home, and lay with him on the bed with his favorite blanket as he took his last breath.. Seeing that and remembering his struggles to breath still breaks my heart... I just hate having to know it will eventually happen again... I know, life is loss, but it still hurts.

So if you have a pet or hell, wife/husband, live each day like its your last. Because life is short. Love them, and enjoy the time you have with them.. you never know what could happen...

Z

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote