Thread: Newbies
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2002, 02:22 PM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

Recently I enlisted in another forum, hoping to join in a discussion about one of my favourite games (half-life) but only to find that all my views and opinions were being dismissed because I was a "newbie" This really annoyed me, but then I noticed that when I went to all my regular forums (except Ironworks and HADB of course) newbie bashing was a completely acceptable thing, this time it wasn't directed against me but it still really annoyed me. Why does this happen, I admit I myself have accepted the fact tht the reason someone might not know how to quote might be because they are new to the forum,"newbies" but I have never looked down on them or flamed them just because they are new to this forum. Why do people insult new people visiting their forum, for all they now the new individual could know something the rest of the communtiy doesn't and the individual could be a great help to them but know they shoot first and dont ask questions later. I was just wondering if a similar event has occured with anyone else (I had to post this topic as I just ot flamed in another forum for defending newbies and I wanted more sensible opinions, so I come here [img]smile.gif[/img] )

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Sigmar ]