View Single Post
Old 06-21-2001, 05:30 PM   #7
Tuor
Elminster

I disagree totally. Dual at ninth level that gives you enough weapon proficiencies to grand master in one weapon and put two more proficiencies in single weapon style (-2AC).And more important about 100hp if you have 18con.

It is important to have 18 int though.

If you swap at ninth then you can get to 17th level mage have access to enough spells to tank-Armour, stoneskin, mirror image, pro vs normal weapons etc etc etc. You can hold your own in any combat against nearly anything or stand off and whip the arse off anything with ranged spells.

I usually dual class two fighters with mages one at 9th level one at 12th (so the first mage is a reasonable level and I'm not wandering about with two low level mages at once)

On the subject of BG1 you will have to complete it as a fighter if you want to dual class as a mage at any level higher than 8th. It is not worth dualling after 7th level (I think) because your xp limit does not allow you to exceed your fighter level with your new mage levels so you're wasting your fighter levels until you get to BG2.