View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 08:04 AM   #2
jsalsb
Elminster

Wow! that's some precise information there. Looks like Oin will need a hex editor to get back down to spellcasting range (Dwarves never liked magic much anyhow).

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
The only thing that matters is having SPI at least 10. If your SPI is lower, then you get less than 10 mana points when you level up and your total mana points cannot keep in step with the "reasonable value".
One thing I'm not clear on: what's so special about SPI of 10? According to your formula, a SPI of say 11 would give you 130 mana points at level 2, a SPI of 10 would give you 120 at level 2, and a SPI of 8 would give you 100. Not a big spread. At Level 20 these same SPI's would give you 310, 300, 280 respectively. Etc. Because they climb arithmetically, not exponentially, the gap never increases. So I agree with the first half of your assertion, that SPI is not important, but I'm not sure that I agree that it's important to have at least an SPI of 10. Am I missing something? Could you elaborate?