View Single Post
Old 11-11-2000, 12:04 AM   #19
Vincewind

Well, wow, alot of good writing. My story's a bit diffrent. Being anxious to play, I didn't put huge amounts of thought into my charecters, I just sorta said that one look good, and this one sounds fun, and probably have the worst die rolled pcs out of anyone. I took the first role everytime, and have kept my charecters through death, stoning, and poison. But, as to a story behind it, well, if thats what you're looking for... Please pardon any misspellings,
The day started like any other, gray, dreary, and of all things, raining just enough to annoy me. My Name is Aaron, and I wandered into a tiny little town on what must have seemed like the edge of nowhere, alone, hungry, and with what turned out to be very little money in my pocket. In the village center, near the inn, I ran into a distraught man, who apparently was the village elder, raving about a dream, and a sword. Fearing he was insane, and liable to do anything if I refused, I accepted when he charged me with the quest for the sword he was ranting about. Saying it was in a Crypt in the nearby cemetary, I figured that I'd just wander out, fetch the thing, and come back for some undisclosed reward. On my way out of town, I ran into an unlikely charecter, with the voice of a snake, who asked if the village elder was still in town. Figuring that he'd be able to find out anyway, and not wanting any trouble on my journy, I said yes. The stranger promptly entered the village. Moving on towards the cemetary, I ran into some easily disposed underfeed wolf like animals, that attacked me, even though I was armed. Figuring the day couldn't get any worse, I moved on towards the crypt, and ran into some trolls. Hoping they'd have some information on the layout of the area, I tryed to strike up a conversation. Turned out all they wanted to do was eat me. After a slightly harder fight, I dispatched them also, and took there stuff, as my supplys wheren't all that great. Finally finding the cemetary, I ran into some skelitons. Deciding that this was just too much without knowing what the reward would be, (I mean, I had to eat tonight, would it just be enough for a meal, or could I get a room out of this too?) I headed back to town. When I got there, I couldn't find the elder, so I went to the town hall to tAlk to the mayor. Turned out that there was a tangable bounty on the skelitons, along with some other problems that didn't seem to concern me. However, I had to kill 10 of the things to get it! I figured I'd need some help, so I went to the local tavern looking for some other adventurus souls who'd like some gold also. None where to be found. Deciding that this would have to wait for another day, I went to the inn to see about that room. Scattered about in there where various people you could tell where adventures. I thought, great! Just the people to ask yo do this sort of thing. One, was a tall cat like being, that seemed to blend into the shadows of the room. Apon approaching her, I found out that her name was Kzin, and that for an equal share of whatever we found, she'd come along. I thought I was getting the better end of this deal for sure. Two others where together at a table, talking about Kerah, when I approached them, (with Kzin in tow) they appeared to not want anything to do with me. (Vary understanable, I'd been sleeping rough for days or weeks maybe.) But when I explained that I was trying to do a favor for the village elder, and that it involved killing undead, they jumped at the chance to accompany me. Turns out one, named Akala, was an Oomphaz, traveling to the temple in this village, so she could be closer to her god. Apparently represented by the angel Kerah. The other, a gnome named Salgoud, (male)was also on sojurn, but for a very diffrent reason. He was studying plants of all things! Little did I know how very usefull this would be in the coming adventure. Having these two priests along could only be a good thing I though, espacially against undead. At that moment, I heard a shouting match start, a table was turned over, and there was a flash of red light! Figuring the four of us had better try to keep the place from burning down, we rushed over to the commotion. Apparently, a rather burly dwarf, and a lightweight elf, wher having an argument over wich was better, might (as the dwarf smashed the table) or magic (as the elf burnt it to ashes with one spell) Fearing these two notable beings were going to get thrown out, and us with them, we stepped in the middle, trying to break it up. I took a blow to my shield, and Kzin barely dodged another flash of red light, before we could stop them. The dwarf, a fighter named Brunor, said that since I beat him in fair combat, he owed me, and that he'd come along if I could make the elf, a mage named Kimberlie, stay out of his face with her magic. Kimberlie aggred, if I could make Brunor take a Bath at least once a week. Figuring it'd been longer then that since I'd had one, and that the worst that would happen is that the two of us ended up in the river, I aggred. Having managed to stop the fight, the inn keeper was gratefull, and let me stay the night for free. We set off the next morning for the cemetary, and wiped the place clean of skelitons, and thats how this particular adventuring band was formed.
Hope you enjoyed it, it's not as polished as the others, but as I said, I was in a hurry to play. Hope you guys are liking the game as much as I do, keep those great hints, tricks, and spoilers coming, I made it clear to the slot machine in the serpant temple without needing any, and I hade the monkey idol from that room allready. Still trying to be able to enchant stuff.