View Single Post
Old 07-26-2001, 11:58 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I actually wanted to become a dream therapist at one point in my life, and began studying on my own to do so. Eventually, I gave up, not knowing if I could do such a thing, because of all the schooling and such. Well, anyway, I agree alot with Sazerac, that most dreams are symbolic, as our Sub-consious talks to us at night. There are different theories on what these symbols mean. I have heard one professional meantion that every person in our dream is a symbollic representation of yourself, whether it be male or female. Other doctors do not agree with that. There are many books published, based on that particular person's views. I have not found two doctors that can agree totally on any subject.
Sometimes, dreams are real warnings. Take my mother for example. One night she came into my room (I was in high school) and told me she would rather me not go to school that day. I of course ignored her, returned to sleep, and made myself ready for school. She made me promise I would call her. I asked her what was the matter. She said that she had a terrible dream about blood running down the steps at the school, and that I was at the bottom of the steps, and got covered in this blood. It really scared her, but I paid it no mind. Two hours later, a white guy stabbed two black guys right in front of me in the school hall, on the 3rd floor, and as one of them that did not fall instantly to the floor grabbed his guts and began to run down the steps to the office, I was splashed with some of his blood.
Believe it if you want to. I was there. Of course, I told my mom after I got home from school, and she made me promise that if she ever had dreams like that again, I would listen to her.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Trials of the Luremaster downloadable expansion set