Thread: Smoking Ban
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 10:45 AM   #40
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
1 out of 4 kids are asthmatics these days. It has been proven to be tied to industrial emissions, smog, and car exhausts. Attack the sources. Ban all industrial emissions and car exhausts.

Plus, must I, or others lucky enough to be born able to regularly and reliably fill our lungs with air (quite literally the problem and asthmatic suffers), suffer impingement of our freedom due to our society's deteriorating health? Puh-lease. If there were smoking bars and non-smoking bars and smoking restaurants and non-smoking restaurants, you and your get would not need to worry about it -- it would be your choice.
WRONG! Asthmatics do not have problems filling their lungs contrary to popular belief. They have trouble exhaling. And if there were non-smoking restaurants available we wouldnīt have this discussion. So why arenīt there any? Oh I forgot, money.
And, with 1/4 of the young population suffering asthma, we can reasonably rely on the marketplace to provide non-smoking bars.\Well that is what we canīt rely on it seems. As long as their profits weill go down from banning smokers they wonīt do a thing about it unless told to do so.

Oh, and I've met asthmatic smokers and many asthmatic pot smokers (which also contains carcinogens). Don't know how old your kid is, (ooops) The day your kid takes up smoking, please let me know so I can have a good laugh. Low blow Timber. [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] Very low. *tsk tsk* [img]tongue.gif[/img] I wonīt type what I think of asthmatic smokers or smokers who continue to smoke after they have been diagnosed with emphysemia.