Thread: Sorcerers
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2001, 07:26 PM   #16
andrewas
Harper

I Quote Rule #1 of my own personal wargame and RPG house rules.

Sod the Rules, have fun. Note: people who persistently annoy me by abusing this will get Dice of Deathed.

In other words, The fact thats shes (SPOILER :- NOT) human means nothing at all in terms of this. (cept ive heard BG wont load if you make a human a multi). It can be explained in terms of irenicuses experimentation + her unique heritage.
The point of a game is to have fun (at least ive always thought it was) so if something violates the rules but allows more fun then its good. And one of the points of NPCs is to allow the designer to create unique characters who dont match the typical profile that a player can create, like nalia with her ring etc, yet maintain balance by refusing the player the oppertunity to combine these powers in a unfair fasion.

Since Sorcerors cant be multiclassed (i think) its more interesting than a mage/thief and leads to a more unique experience. Plus i want her extra levels from BG1 back. So making Imoen a mage/thief was a bad decision on all counts.

additional : does anyone know WHY humans cant multi?

addditional additional : i also prefer PnP but the players around here really suck. example:

Player one : i'll ... bite the rock (no, there were no drugs involved)
DM : the rock bites back (only allan could think like this)
Player two : fireball on player one (I WAS NOT INVOLVED IN THIS)

so you can see the appeal of a CRPG.

back to the point slightly, if there was an NPC sorceror maybe id try him out, but im not making one for a while yet. cause i have to go through BG1 + BG2 witha druid, mage and thief (someone bet i woudnt) and i want to solo with a monk.