Thread: LARP meets REPO
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #9
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: LARP meets REPO

How very strange. Suspiciously strange one might say. I'm thinking Princess & Co are paid actors and the whole thing was orchestrated. Too many little things don't add up. Entertaining though.

Anyway, enough about that. I'm intrigued about how the repo system works over there now. 3 payments behind on a car and the financer pulls the plug? I understand that the finance may have come from a dealership instead of a major institution, but isn't that still a bit too harsh? Not to mention a bit too hasty to write off a (arguably) profitable payment plan and jump straight to a loss? GFC is ancient history already?

Also, i get that repos are little more than professional assholes, but don't they still have a minimum duty of care? I imagine they located the car by the satellite security which means they would have known it wasn't in its usual area. After the amount of times they mentioned discomfort at doing the job in an isolated area, they spare no thought for the people they've just stranded? (Of course, Princess & Co didn't really help their plight at all.) I'm not a confrontational person at all, but i know i wouldn't be handing over the car in that situation and i'd imagine the same would be true for most people. Do repos over there always go about their job the hard way? Or just when there's cameras?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote