View Single Post
Old 06-11-2001, 03:19 PM   #10
Charean
Hathor

Actually - this is something I have given quite a lot of thought to. Right now, anyone with access (or creative ways to access) can find out who you are, your social security number; from there, your credit rating, job, amount you earn, spending habits, driving record, insurance and possibly medical records. Any hacker worth a grain of salt can get any of this now with minimal effort.

The question is "Am I paranoid?" In a way, yes - but I also know that if I live fairly lawfully, and watch my accounts, I can pretty much make sure I can catch something early enough to do something about it. Credit cards even over the cordless phone can be tapped into now. Makes me think twice before doing it, but do it I must in some circumstances.

I guess I am aware of the risks, and choose to take a few anyway.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...