View Single Post
Old 04-09-2001, 12:59 PM   #4
Rikard

Do you think global warming should be a top priority for world governments?
- yes but we still need stunning prove this is not the result of the fact there's more solar wind

Have you read any news articles or heard/watched any TV programs on global warming in the past 6 months? If so, do you remember the exact topic (i.e. Kyoto treaty, fossil fuel consumption)
- Not all of it

Do you recycle? (recycling reduces the amount of debris in landfills and therefore reduces methane emissions)
- as much as possible but my parents don't

How do you feel about Nuclear power as an energy source? Against or For
If against, why?
- for but we need to keep it save
Coz if it is save we can produce a lot of energy without hurting the earth

How much more would you be willing to pay for a car that used an alternative power source to gasoline?
- Yeah but honestly i think a hydrogen powerd car is actually cheaper in the end

Would you be willing to pay more for electricity if your power company used alternative energy sources (i.e. wind/water generation, solar power)?
- yeah

Who do you think is the main culprit of global warming
Consumers for their unwillingness to use ‘cleaner’ products because they cost more and are less available
Automotive and Oil companies for their unwillingness to change to alternative energy
Governments for their unwillingness to introduce and enforce stricter emissions laws
- i think the main problem are the companies as long as they only have these products the comsumers cannot choose something else
and the goverment can't handle everything

Thank you everyone for your answers!
I will post the poll results at the end of the week!

I want to add something
A group of scandanavian scientist tested some thing and come to the conclution that global warming could be the result of increased Solorwind blowing about cosmic radiation
thus on earth lesser clouds more sunlight hits the earth
I've seen the result and they are quite convinsing

------------------