View Single Post
Old 04-09-2001, 12:51 PM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Moridin doesn't the earth naturally warm up and cool down over longer periods of time? Wasn't England and Europe much warmer than it is now. Of course we had the ice age eons before as well. I'm a greenie and totally agaist pollution and rape of the earth, but I also have a longer view of the earths pulse.

The annual hole in the Ozone is a problem, but the earth warming? Tell me if I'm wrong.

So I'm not panicking. However that said:

Do you think global warming should be a top priority for world governments?
yes

Have you read any news articles or heard/watched any TV programs on global warming in the past 6 months? If so, do you remember the exact topic (i.e. Kyoto treaty, fossil fuel consumption)
yes, no

Do you recycle? (recycling reduces the amount of debris in landfills and therefore reduces methane emissions)
Of course!

How do you feel about Nuclear power as an energy source? Against or For
If against, why?
Solar, Wind or Hydro doesn't cause Chernobyl. Bring on Wind farms.

How much more would you be willing to pay for a car that used an alternative power source to gasoline?
I don't own a car.

Would you be willing to pay more for electricity if your power company used alternative energy sources (i.e. wind/water generation, solar power)?
No. There is no reason why they should charge more for alternatives they should already be using.

Who do you think is the main culprit of global warming
Consumers for their unwillingness to use ‘cleaner’ products because they cost more and are less available
Automotive and Oil companies for their unwillingness to change to alternative energy
Governments for their unwillingness to introduce and enforce stricter emissions laws
It all starts and ends with consumers. However we only consume what is available. The chicken or the egg?

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!