View Single Post
Old 11-02-2001, 09:39 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzy Animal:
Questions:
1) How did you manage mindflayers?

Used a Frostreaver + Saving Grace setup, the extra AC from the shield minimised hits, I also waited until I could use Whirlwind before attempting to fight the Mind Flayers. However, I still died a few times due to INT drain, my Cavalier only had 10 INT.

2) How low was your AC?

With Carsomyr, -8 AC. With the Sentinel Shield, -13 AC

3) How long (game time) did it take you?

About 103 game days

4) Did you have to reload a lot?

In the beginning, yes, but once I reached level 20 or so, death became a rare occurance.

5) Which battle (if any) was the most difficult?

Heh, heh... pre-level 20 would definitely be the fight against the Dwarf and his gang in the "Den of the Seven Vales" in Waukeen's Promenade, I had to run around a lot for that fight and lure them to an Amn Centurion to even the fight. I also summoned Skeletons using my Priest spells and a Genie from my Genie bottle. The fight was rewarding though, because it gave me a Full Platemail which was very useful for future battles.

Another frustrating one was Glacius, from Nalia's Keep, I had to reload about 7-8 times before a combination of Genie and Stinking Cloud allowed me to win that fight. Glacius was a higher level fighter than my Cavalier and I only had 3/2 attacks per round compared to his 3 per round. I was very happy when I finally defeated him.

After level 20? Hmmmm... I guess it was the final fight with Jon Irenicus in the Nine Hells. He had many attacks and dealt a lot of damage in his Slayer form, it was a close fight, not an easy one. I could not afford to retreat for long too, because he regenerates at an alarming rate.
[This message has been edited by Dundee Slaytern (edited 11-02-2001).]