View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 05:29 AM   #17
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: DAO NPC alignments and thoughts in general--PLOT SPOILERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
I fully understand...And won't give away any spoilers...Three NPCs are capable of going to the tent with either type of PC...two of which you appear to think highly of...The third I don't think you are anywhere near aware of...And a good combination of "hardened" NPCs while in Denerim can create a "unique" situation, a specialty unlock, and a game of cards all in one night! Try that @ the Lido Cabe...
I was aware there were bisexual and menage-a-tois (spelling?) possibilities. I also got to the dialogs where you can "harden" Leliana and Alistair. I succeeded with Leliana (because she was in her drakeskin armor at the coronation, otherwise I was unsure), but I don't know if I succeeded with Alistair. I'm assuming I did because when I left Loghain's fate to Alistair, he beheaded him. Although he was merciful to Anora and only imprisoned her. I would never have done this. To be a medieval monarch you cannot let close rivals live, ESPECIALLY one that preceded you and was somewhat popular. Plus she threw me under the bus with Ser Cauthrien.

I have the DAO Prima game guide. But I use it for the maps, so I don't miss an area. I don't use it for dialog options, but I do use it for "detail" stuff such as what is needed for crafting and, in this game, the Gift Guide. There was NO WAY I was going to trial-and-error gifting when someone as hot a Morrigan was at stake!

Anyway, I liked Morrigan and Leliana. Alistair was naive, almost through the entire game. I was unsure whether he was "getting it" up until he killed Loghain. Then I thought 'Finally, he realizes a crown is at stake,,, took him long enough.' I liked traveling with Sten and Shale. I probably would have liked Oghren more except I did the Dwaves last, so I didn't have him for most of the game.

For a second run it looks like rogue may be the way to go. They look like you can make them seriously overpowered, and almost a thief/mage multiclass because of all the bombs and grenades that can be crafted. And I REALLY liked Arrow of Slaying!!!

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote