View Single Post
Old 07-08-2002, 05:06 AM   #33
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
oooooookaaay... picasso and dali not skilled. you learn something new every day.
LOL Norom!

Neb, whatever. You obviously don't know the difference between liking and disliking an artist and considering them skilled. Dali's paintings may be surreal but he does start out with very realistic looking objects. To paint realistically, you need technical skill.
I may not like a certain style of music or art, but I would never deny that this is because there are no skilled artists to be found in the genre. That's quite arrogant. I'm not a huge fan of Picasso, but saying he's unskilled is just laughable. Saying you think his paintings suck is fine - that's a matter of taste. But one can objectively judge technical skill and emotional skill of an artist without making a pronouncement about your feelings on his/her work as a whole.

Aviendha, good point. Unfortunately kids will find out about drugs anyway, so I don't think that talking about your own experiences is going to make a difference. Sooner or later, someone will tell them about drugs in a positive way anyway... But I don't think there has been actual glamourisation going on so far... just people giving their own experiences.
I'm as much opposed to drug abuse as you, but I don't think it can be stopped in all cases...

[ 07-08-2002, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]