View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 10:48 AM   #23
Silmarillion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I have some problems with your post.
And I have some problems with yours.

First off, why don't you just come out and call her a liar, or would that take too much balls?

Second, you should be careful not to speak about things you know little about, much less make accusations about people that you *obviously* know little about. Not only does it make you look stupid, it makes you look like an ass.

Quote:
1. If you really did do what you said you did, Ziroc owes you public recognition and maybe benefits that no other member has, since you practically paid for all this stuff. What I do not get is that you suggest that you and he both think that a member giving you trouble would cause you to not post here anymore. In fact, if it were my website and you paid me that much to keep the site running, I would ban the people that were hassling you, in order to keep the one person that has kept this place running all this time. Since this has not happened, I am inclined to not believe your story.
Here's the thing, it's not YOUR website and it's not YOUR place to determine what Dan should or shouldn't do. Reeka's status on this forum is because she EARNED it, not because she bought her way in. You ever think for a second that perhaps someone who donates does so because they truly want to help and NOT because they want special privileges? Apparently not, because in the absence of special privileges, you immediately assume foul play. You immediately assume that Reeka must be lying just because she's not labelled the Queen of the Forum. How telling. Did you think that perhaps such issues regarding banning or taking action against other members HAVE been discussed by Reeka and Dan? And, perhaps Reeka didn't WANT to use her donations as a means of getting people banned. How childish would that be?! That's NOT Reeka. That's not the mindset she has...even though it's apparently the mindset of some.

Reeka has helped me tremendously when I've needed it recently, donating money to keep my server up. I would have lost my server had it not been for her. Did she ask for *anything* in return? NO. In fact, she asked that I NOT bring it up on said forum. She specifically said that she didn't want people to know. Now, I may give her opinions just a teeny bit more weight than others because of her donations, but that's on ME...not HER. It's not something she asked for, it's not something she demanded, and if I do that, it's MY decision. Just as it's Dan's.

So, personally I very much resent the implication from you that a dear friend of mine is lying. Especially when you have extremely little knowledge about the situation and apparently very little knowledge about what makes Reeka tick.

You owe her an apology, plain and simple. And a public one at that.