View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 11:50 PM   #23
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Well, I think it's a nice find. It's always pleasant when your hypothesis matches with hard evidence.
Yet it's somewhat funny how christian scientists view radiocarbon dating as all well and good when it supports the structure of their church and beliefs, yet is viewed as frivolous and transitory when applied to theories of evolution.
By the same token, Heirophant, most non-believers dismiss the Bible as "nothing more than a book of fables" and claim they only believe in those things that can be scientifically proven. Then science comes along and verifies that a specific portion of the Bible is true and non-believers dismiss this as being meaningless also.

Tit for Tat.
[/QUOTE]Cerek, not even science is accurate in most cases. Most of these scientists think it's all fables because there are some stories that seem exaggerated and they think, no, they know they can find the truth! (until they invent the time machine, then they can give me a call [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) Now I think it's nice that they have found some actual evidence before condemming it as unprobable, and in most cases they push the idea of them being real aside because they see no evidence of it (which isn't a bad thing) but some of the explanations that I've heard from them are out of this world.

Scientists for awhile have been trying to explain the phenomena of Moses parting the Red Sea. When I heard how they explained how it happened, I couldn't get over it. I forget the name of it but how scientists explain it, there was supposed to be a volcano off the coast of the desert, and it erupted so greatly, it sent out a shockwave that pushed the water of the Red Sea back with the volcano itself being 500 miles away from Moses. Now, that may be probable, but you're talking a blast so big, it would give enough time for hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people to venture over an entire sea bed? Doesn't seem likely to me [img]tongue.gif[/img]