View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Default Re: Odd News January 2009

Quote:
SUPERHERO: Trevor King, 78, the founder of the Westside Mission in Sydney, NSW, Australia, was delivering food to a destitute family when two men arrived to repossess their personal items. When one of the repo men allegedly started pushing the lady of the house around, King stepped forward. "This chap said, 'Get out of the way, you silly old goat' to Trevor," homeowner Ted Ferguson said. "Trevor took him out with one punch." Trevor King was a featherweight boxing champion -- fifty years ago -- and described the scene a bit differently. "This fellow had a go at me so I inadvertently threw my right hand and he collided with it," said King, who suffers from leukemia and a bad heart. When the second repo man saw his partner go down, he repeatedly punched King in the stomach, but when King didn't even flinch, the man fled. (Sydney Morning Herald) ... I think Mr. King has anything but a bad heart.
Blatant plug: anybody else read This is True? It's a weekly email newsletter with strange-but-true stories like that one. Free subscription has 4 or 5 of those each week, paid version has twice as many. Paid subscribers get to submit taglines of their own. The website has story archives going back over 10 years. Highly Recommended!

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote