View Single Post
Old 11-19-2001, 04:06 AM   #4
Whailor

Maybe spoilers..
My main concern was to keep alive the weaker party members here, mainly Yoshi and Aerie. So I went to the spell vendors and bought the protection scrolls, like from magic weapons and bunch of others I don't remember. When I entered the compound, I just took few steps ahead to trigged the summoned creatures and then backed out, and let them fight with eachother. Then killed the remainder.

Went to stairs, took off Party AI, and buffed. Enrage, Draw Holy might, Boots of Speed on main char (he's berserker), Oil of Speed to all (since I have all casters using some ranged weapon and tanks, well, are tanks hehe), Aerie and Jaheira slapped the buffs on themselves and others, especially on Aerie and Yoshi. Also use the Aid, Chant, such spells are zoomy and helpful, not to mention lower level and easy to get. Finally Jaheira slapped on the True Sight, to nullify the pesky Invisibility the dang rogue up there uses. SAVE the game now hehe.. And went up.

Now this is timing or luck, but as soon as I got up I it the pause, and sent Aerie and Yoshi to back wall, Jaheira and Minsc in front of them. My main char can take and deliver beating, so I wasn't worried about him. Minsc and Jaheira I used to protect the weaker members first, and when the first threat to them is over (i.e. the pesky invisible asassin(sp?)), they can join. AI I turned off so that the darn fools wouldn't run after the NPC's and trigger these sneaky traps..

You know, frankly the fight was suddenly so much easier, when you prepare heheh.. I have rushed this place too and it has been a mean fight, but with preparation it was suddenly so much more easier. Asassin went Invis and was naturally detected right away by Jaheira, just as she was few steps from Minsc. Result was that she got whacked hard by Minsc, fast too (remember the Oil of Speed we all used, eh? hehe) and pelted by 2 slings and 1 bow (Aerie, Jaheira and Yoshi). She went down before she could say "Oopsie!"; at the same time my main char focussed on the kensai dude there, since he's most dangerous. During all this mess, Yoshi removed the traps and then I set the AI back on, and mayhem was loose. I just coordinated it a bit hehe.. And well, the result was lotsa loot and mucho dineros, as they say. No one died, just had to cast some heals, nothing was too critical, no one was below 50-60% of HP. And weaker party members were unharmed, which was my main goal here. I once lost Aerie like this, when the asassin backstabbed her so hard that she was turned into minced meat, not good even for resurection, Yoshi soon after her, when that bloody kensai smacked him really hard heh..