View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 04:36 PM   #16
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
LOL don't mean to pick on you Hark, but I always find it funny when people say "be safe". I mean it's not like people try to not be safe, like unless you remember to warn them, they'll constantly put themselves in danger. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
LOL I know what you mean, but I think it's meant as a wish or prayer-type thing, like 'I hope you will be safe', not a command [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well we don't have a subway system here, being a much more sprawling city of houses rather than apartment buildings. Our public transport system is quite bad, actually, but that's another story. Once I was taking the train somewhere and a guy got on and sat across from me and the girl I was with, and by the time we'd gone another two stops he had his hand down his pants and his penis was poking out the bottom of his shorts. It was a little disconcerting

I just loved the subway systems in Paris and London; Paris especially was fantastic. I didn't really have any interesting experiences on either of those. But in Rome, we were waiting for the metro one day and it was the middle of the day so there was hardly anyone around, and this teenage girl and her little brother came on the platform. My brother and I were sitting on the seats and there was this older woman next to me who I now think was in with them as well. So the girl comes up to me and says she had a headache and could she have my seat. And I'm like, I guess so I stand up. So it's the woman, the girl and my brother on the seats. And I said to my brother he should really stand up for me since I'm a girl and he's supposed to be a gentleman (hah! ) and he reluctantly does. So I sit down and then the little boy stands next to me and starts leaning over me to the girl and finally it was too annoying so I stood up as well. There was a really nice man there as well a bit away and he came up to us and told us they were pickpockets. He was really nice and helped me find somewhere to stand on the metro when it came because it was packed as usual. Obviously they wanted to try to open my brother's backpack (even though he would never have had his wallet in it so they wouldn't have gotten anything), but the pathetic and obvious effort they went to just made us laugh rather than be angry that they tried to steal from us