View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 10:10 AM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, my only subway experiences short of one quick ride in NYC are from my stays in Moscow (USSR).

They pack buses, trains and subway cars like they were stuffing a can of sardines. The accepted method of getting out of the bus/subway car if you're crushed into the back is to ask if the people next to you are getting off (one stop before your own comes up) so they can say yes (and you won't shove them to get out) or no (where they will then try and maneuver out of your way at the stop). Doesn't always work quite the way you'd like.. and you sometimes do have to shove a little to get out, but I usually worried more about getting on and not being squashed.

I'm not quite five feet tall so when tons of people would shove into the car I'd often end up with my face in some smelly coat, gasping for air. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

One time.. ROTFL.... I was adjusting my bags when this crowd shoved it's way on and I ended up with my right arm trapped between this guy's legs (he was facing away from me, with a buddy in front of him facing me). I tried to get free, but the more I moved, the more he and his friend laughed.. so I just stood stock still til the next stop and then got free and blushed my way to my own stop! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]