View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 12:01 AM   #8
Thoran
Galvatron

Annika is a brilliant golfer, and I've watched her in the LPGA for quite a while. I personally don't have a problem with a publicity match like this where she gets a crack a the PGA... it's good for both mens and womens golf.

I do however have a problem with women in general trying to play on the tour... simply because I think there's an assumed "M" in the name. The LPGA is a great forum for women to test the mettle in a level field... the best of the best. The PGA I always thought of as the forum for men to test their skills. While Annika IS competing in EVERY way 1:1 against the guys (and I believe she WILL make the cut), the REAL risk of opening the PGA to women is that it will leave the LPGA open to assault by guys who are darn good golfers, but can't make the tour. I DON'T want to see the LPGA turned into a farm league for the tour... I really think we should keep them seperate for now. Annika isn't the only female golfer out there, and while she might be able to make a living on the tour as a mid-level player... most women would not.