View Single Post
Old 01-14-2002, 12:24 PM   #1
Whailor

Allrighty..

Got my ToB finally, installing it. Question I have however is for those who have SoA, ToB and also Baldurash fixpacks: what to install and what not to install?

When looking on Baldurash page, he writes that the SoA fixes should NOT be installed when a person is planning to install ToB or already as the ToB. Does that then mean that NOT a single patch should be added, meaning that these important fixes - like Nishruu-proof items, dialog.tlk fixer etc - are already contained in ToB FixPack as well? I would really hate to run again into this old Nisruu bug.

Also, when installing SoA + ToB, did you patch SoA first and then ToB or patched only ToB? I mean here the official Bioware patches. I recall that with BG1 + TotSC, when you patched BG1 and then also patched TotSC, the game crashed with some assertion failed message because of that, and only way to fix it was to re-install BG1 AND TotSC, and patch ONLY TotSC (not BG1). Is same with the SoA and ToB? Does the ToB patch have the fixes presented already in SoA patch?

I would appreciate some quick answers, as I am installing it all at the moment