Thread: One Tough Lich
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2001, 08:00 PM   #1
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

First things first, I stumbled across a Lich in the Gate area who seems to have a serious problem with me trying to kill him. In fact, he has wiped out my party five times now without even having the courtesy to bleed (or whatever Liches do). Protection from undead and magic spells/scrolls have not helped a whit (unless they are prolonging my agony). I would not be worried except I have not come across the quest where I can get the "Holy Handgrenade" from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." He may or may not be important to the story but this guy has got under my skin and I want him in a permanently deceased state...

Secondly, while I try not to read things on this board that may give away aspects of the plot, I am a little worried about the "young couple" in the tavern where the lich keeps killing me. I convinced them to follow their hearts and am now worried that I may have unleashed "Natural Born Killers" on the city.

Next, before BGI, IWD & BG2, I was not into The Forgotten Realms (yes, I was/am a Tolkien snob). Does anyone know of a reference-type book that would summarize the history, races, alliances, etc. of Faerun (and, hopefully, a suggested order in which books should be read)?

Finally (HOORAY for you guys), I missed the earlier thread about dialogue but wanted to chime in: Jan going into a fight with the battlecry "Your kneecaps are mine!" nearly caused me to choke to death on a cup of coffee. Also, I have equipped Minsc with Lilacor... need I say more???